So you want to be an information professional, but you don’t know where to begin. There are a vaste range of occupations covered by LIS profession term, ranging from traditional Librarian and Archivists (yes we care about you too) to Social media managers. It should be no surprise then, if when starting out, you find yourself asking variations of the following questions.
- What experience do I need, and where can I find it?
- What qualifications do I need?
- What work can I do when I’m qualified?
- What organisations can I join?
While we’re not proposing that all the answers can be found here (they can’t), we hope to offer some guidance to anyone considering entering the information profession.
- Work & Experience
- Professional Organisations